India’s air traffic in Jan stood at 1.25 cr – 96% more than in Jan 2022.
Sugar production rose 2.8% to 2.28 cr tonnes till Feb 15 of the ongoing marketing year: ISMA
Sectoral Analysis of the Aviation sector and Sugar Sector. The latter is a cyclical sector
Srivasavi Adhesive Tapes Limited IPO and SVJ Enterprises Limited IPO opens 23rd Feb 2023.
Amanaya Ventures Limited IPO opens 24th Feb 2023.
ITCONS E-Solutions Limited IPO and ResGen Limited IPO opens 28th March 2023.
Wish to start your Investments for FY 2023? Click here to start!
Nifty50 : This Week
Topic: Fundamental Analysis of Tech Mahindra
Dividends for the past year:
Dividend Yield at 1.32% and fair Dividend Payout which is fair but not good if seen as a Dividend Investment Strategy stock.
About and Perspective:
Ranked 6th as per Market Capitalization in Peer Comparison.
Verdict: Good buy and right now at fair valuation but keep stop loss towards end of consolidation zone.
This is not a financial advice.
Disclaimer: This is not recommendation to buy/sell. It is just for the purpose of information.
Two friends Priya and Siya, were working together in an IT company and were extremely confident about the growth of this sector. They planned to invest Rs 10,000 per month with a goal to buy a house for themselves with the amount after 10 years.
While Priya researched to find the right Mutual Fund by checking the Asset Under Management and Expense Ratio, Siya just divided her SIP into 10 Mutual Funds available in the market at that time.
Whenever the uptrend started after markets corrected, Priya increased her SIP by 10% for some time while Siya replicated the same while markets were falling. Initially there were no differences or profits that appeared in their portfolio, but as time passed by differences became prominent.Priya was getting very good growth about 15% per annum while Siya’s growth was little lesser. This put Siya in confusion as what went wrong with her. Withdrawing the amount after 10 years, Priya had more money than Siya.
The two mistakes which Siya committed were:
1. Over-Diversification: She invested her money into way too much Mutual Funds, in which some of them were good, while other were not so good.
Tip: Never take more than 3 Mutual Funds for the same sector.
2. Expense Ratio: She never looked at the expense ratio of the Mutual Funds, which was the next major reason for the difference.
Tip: Always look for Expense ratio!
3. Investing more, but at right time: While Priya averaged up by putting her money when the uptrend resumed Siya averaged down as she put her money when markets were correcting.
Tip: Always try to average up and not down!
What is the full form of IRDA?
1. Insurance Regulatory Development Association.
2. Investment Regulation Development Authority.
3. Insurance Regulatory Development Authority.
4. Investment Regulatory Development Association.
Answer to Week#4 was option 1 (Pledged Shares are Promoter shares which are kept as collateral to avail a loan, where interests and capital gains on such shares continue.)